Growing garlic and shallots at this scale is still done with nearly all of it with hand-labor. Start to finish, each bulb has an average of 22 human interactions with it! We have our products priced to make a living wage for the amount of work it takes to prepare our crop for sale-but not at a point where we are taking advantage of our customers!
Garlic Pricing for 2023:
- Small culinary garlic for eating is $13.50/lb. Each pound contains 12-14 garlic bulbs 1 – 1.75 inches in diameter.
- We recommend using this smallest bulbs category in the kitchen. They can be planted, and will yield garlic; but likely small and medium bulbs. If planning on using garlic in the kitchen, you may find the price of the smaller bulbs a bit more attractive.
- Medium size garlic are priced at $17.00/lb. Each pound contains 9-12 garlic bulbs 1.75 inches to 2 inches in diameter.
- Medium sized bulbs can be used in the kitchen, and can also be planted in the garden (especially cloves from porcelain varieties!)
- Large garlic seed are priced at $24.00/lb. Each pound contains 5-8 garlic bulbs 2 inches in diameter or larger.
- We typically refer to this size of garlic as garlic seed that people desire for planting, as it has good genetics and larger coves (although you can surely cook with big garlic!)
For a digital copy of pricing information, click here!
French Grey Shallots Pricing for 2023:
We have our French Grey Shallots priced at $24.00/lb, which is $3-$8 less per pound than many of the other growers on the web (take a look!). We work with several chefs and restaurants in supplying them with the best, If you are in the culinary industry, please reach out to us- we would love to work with you!